FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old May 22, 2018, 10:28 am
jamienbaker

Originally Posted by pointsbrah
Which Intra Asia route would likely have the most routes / Availability to YYZ via HKG on CX? Ultimately I don't mind doing a Y class cash ticket from DPS to that location for more availability/route options back to YYZ on J class x2.
YYZHKG availability will not be impacted by intra-Asian award availability. So the question isn't relevant.

The only case I can see where this might matter is from a SCHEDULING perspective. For example, if there was availability on the 1700~ departure HKGYYZ, you would need to position in HKG the day before given when DPSHKG operates. Alternatively, a DPSSIN paid ticket will be less expensive than DPSHKG. So in theory, you could position to SIN the night before, and then start your CX award there in the morning. Same with positioning in BKK.

But again, none of this impacts availability HKGYYZ.

EDIT - I know there have been sporadic reports of married segment logic at CX, but I've not found this to be the case myself. I remain of the view that the OP's question is irrelevant.