FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FYI: Details on Shenzhez Shekou to Hong Kong Airport Ferry Service
Old May 22, 2018, 6:11 am
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by atcanobbio
also, I've noticed my HU PEK-SZX flight has been getting in 20-30min early over 50% of the time that last couple of weeks. if my flight does get in early...would it be worth it to take a taxi to the Shekou terminal and then a ferry to HKIA? Shekou has more ferries to HKIA than Fuyong.
Is there any chance you could cancel that flight and replace it with PEK-HKG or PEK-SIN? I'm running through the various SZX scenarios in my head, and none of them are especially optimal, but your 630p ferry is the least awful of the bunch. FYI, try to do OLCI (and optimally print your BPs) before you get to the ferry terminal; this will speed up the ticketing process because they only sell to people with airplane tickets. They can also be kind of anal about connecting times once you get to HKIA because they have to babysit you if you misconnect.

ETA: It's also occurred to that, in case you aren't aware, the walk from plane to the ground transportation area at SZX can easily suck up 40+ minutes.

Last edited by moondog; May 22, 2018 at 6:19 am