FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wyndham to buy La Quinta
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2018, 6:03 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmouse
I suspect that 'consistency' is about trying to move some of the older LQ exterior corridor properties over to Days Inn and the like.
No, there's been a slow movement to update the insides of all older La Quintas going on for a while now (happening to both exterior and interior corridor hotels). But some hotels have still not started it, or gone much into it.

There are also two versions of La Quinta breakfasts out there, the hardboiled eggs and no (other) "hot" items version, and some hotels that have replaced that with a "hot" items version (but got "faker" eggs in the process; I prefer hardboiled eggs to powdered eggs myself, but some people just want "hot" food no matter how bad it is. But whichever standard is still way better than the Days Inn lack of breakfast standard.

There are exterior corridors in higher-up WR brands than Days Inn, for example Baymont Inn. (The Baymont Inn I'm familiar with is a conversion from an exterior-corridor Holiday Inn Express, and didn't change much in the conversion other than the signage. I stayed there both when it was an HIX and after it became a Baymont.)

So if it's any brand that some La Qunita properties might converted to, I'd say more likely Baymont than Days Inn. (Plus, there are some interior-corridor Days Inns. So corridors don't seem to be a main distinguishing factor between brands at WyndhamRewards.)

But in any case, it's likely to be done on a case-by-case basis, so 1 hotel out of the whole program might become X and 1 hotel out of the whole program might become Y, but that wouldn't be a "rule", just one-off decisions.

Last edited by sdsearch; May 21, 2018 at 6:15 pm