FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old May 21, 2018, 5:28 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kip1124
Is 1/60 just for personal cards? Or do biz apps get same treatment when mixed with personal apps? I was just approved for a personal AA card couple of weeks ago. I was planning to apply for a biz AA card in couple of weeks. Or do you advise waiting 60 days before I apply for this biz card?
Keep in mind that:

1. This is constantly changing, and meanwhile we get all this info only from datapoints. We don't even know if this 1/60 is for non-mailer applicants, since this thread (and its datapoints) are dominated by mailer applicants.

2. The original 2/65 rule (remember, 60 is unsafe if you can wait for 65) was for all Citi card applications of all types.

3. If you get you denied because you "try" to apply too soon, you'll just have wait the same amount of time again. So waiting 65 days if you can manage it sounds much safer than anything else. It's too hard to evaluate how much less safe it is for every day before that.

Last edited by sdsearch; May 21, 2018 at 5:34 pm