FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stop & Shop and Giant supermarkets gas rewards points on gift card purchases(2018-24)
Old May 21, 2018, 11:36 am
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by soy
I read it as the opposite, PA customers normally get more than 30 days to use their points. It just happens that this time anyone buying on the last day will only get the 30 days expiry
Correct. At the moment, the Giant PA program is probably the best when they have the "points on gift card" sales because you can earn completely free gas -- no $1.50 limit. You get 25 gallons instead of 20. And you get to the end of the next month to use your points.

Here, the calendar is unfortunate because this sale will end at Giant PA on May 31. If it ended on June 1, you could go in that day and buy gift cards for free gas good through all of July. As that's vacation season, I assume most folks will use more gas in July than most months. Now, Giant PA customers will have to hope there's another sale that will take care of their July gas needs.

BTW, the current downside to Giant PA is that they don't participate in the Shell Fuel Rewards program. So "the Mastercard deal" doesn't work there. You can also only get your gas at a Giant Food gas station, and not all of their stores sell gas. So for some folks, Giant PA is the best gas deal, but not for everyone.

I personally live "on the border" so I can do both Giant MD and Giant PA.