FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...
Old May 21, 2018, 9:01 am
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Agreed in TLV case, but the question here is - can airlines afford to have a separate fleet just for these destinations? How many of them are there - and is there enough scope to utilise the aircraft properly?

Maybe in the future with entyr of new MoM types, as transatlantic narrowbody flying becomes feasible from European hubs, this can be reassessed....
Agreed. But I think with all the numbers they have right now they could plan ahead rather well. (The amadeus system does already work that way anyway). So It'd definetly be possible. The thing is I don't know how much less profitable flying a sub fleet of planes with actual Business Class actually is and I'm not sure Swiss will invite us over and show us their numbers just so we can discuss about it here :P

I mean having a sub fleet of a few A321neo LRs with actual Business Class might actually be rather profitable especially as one could fly to destinations like Teheran or Douala or even Baku and Yerevan or Almaty or Jeddah and Riyad profitable. (Again, I don't have any numbers I can show you to prove it's profitable or not). I mean I'm intrigued to actually build up a timetable to show you how one could use a small sub fleet for just these destinations, but I sadly don't have time

A fact that might actually not be that important is that Swiss likes to show off as being the only airline that offers First Class to all its long Haul destinations. I mean I wouldn't have a problem with not having First Class to some small destinations but the guy in charge maybe thinks otherwise (idk, psychology is weird). And even though I'd love to see a three class A321 (like the AA Transcon one) I don't see it happening naytime soon XD

Last edited by Nick Art; May 21, 2018 at 9:10 am