FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - World of Hyatt - Private Line / My Hyatt Concierge
Old May 21, 2018, 8:56 am
AUSINSIGHT

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
By that logic, as a top tier Hilton and Marriott elite I get breakfast / lounge access (well, for Marriott the exclusions up until now were fatal flaws for me but now that's fixed) and I get MORE suite upgrades at the desk than she does. We've tried a MILLION times to get the TSU's to clear and have only landed ONE of them. That's ridiculous. Most are going to waste. So, as you can see, beyond having top tier access at three chains, we have VERY little incentive to "stay" and she's somewhat bitter she has to be the one to take one for the team and stay 60 nights at Hyatt (I want to say she's at 45 right now).

Originally Posted by smilee
You are saying that because of the lack of a good concierge service, you wife wan't to drop the program???

The concierge is probably the least beneficial part of being a globalist. The lounge access/free breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children per room and the suite upgrade certificates are probably the biggest benefits, and if those were not being honored, then maybe I would be swayed to abandon ship as you say.

I think the concierge really doesn't do too much - but they can be a simple way to make an email request such as apply a suite upgrade certificate via email. If its available, they make it, if its not they don't - and you don't have to waste 10 minutes on the phone and can do it 24/7.