FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...
Old May 21, 2018, 8:45 am
flymeoutofhere

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
While I would love to see that happen (and would be much more likely to upgrade myself into J as a result), I can see why airlines don't do it - the loss of flexibility.

Earlier this years, I've flown PRG-CDG-AMS on Air France. Same Airbus, either A320 or A321, I'm not sure.

First flight, there were about 2 or maybe 3 rows of Business class. About 2 folks in there. Quite possibly they were connecting to a long-haul in CDG, but that's immaterial TBH.
Got out, walked to the departure level in CDG, got back in in a couple of minutes. 7 or so rows business, almost full.

That's some 30-40 more business pax.than the flight immediately before. In the very same cabin.

And it's not like Y was half empty on PRG-CDG either - I think if the Airbus was configured with "real" business class, it would not have enough Y capacity, possibly even not enough Y+J capacity.
Agree but I think there's a big difference between most European flights which are 60-90 mins and the 'medium haul' destinations like TLV where the pax are on the aircraft for 5 hours and flights are often overnight (whilst no overnight flights between European cities).