FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...
Old May 21, 2018, 8:28 am
Fabo.sk

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I'm still waiting for the day when some carrier in Europe decides to introduce an actual Business Class into their short haul planes (looks at Qatar), maybe we will see an introduction of that with the A321NeoLRs swiss is thinking about to order that will maybe jump over to the other short haul planes or maybe since new planes will have the range to be used for short haul and medium - long haul we'll see more Business seats intra Europe (thinking of MoM planes)? Yeah wishful thinking I know. Maybe one of us should dedicate his life for the sake of the others and become Manager of the LH Group and introduce that...
While I would love to see that happen (and would be much more likely to upgrade myself into J as a result), I can see why airlines don't do it - the loss of flexibility.

Earlier this years, I've flown PRG-CDG-AMS on Air France. Same Airbus, either A320 or A321, I'm not sure.

First flight, there were about 2 or maybe 3 rows of Business class. About 2 folks in there. Quite possibly they were connecting to a long-haul in CDG, but that's immaterial TBH.
Got out, walked to the departure level in CDG, got back in in a couple of minutes. 7 or so rows business, almost full.

That's some 30-40 more business pax.than the flight immediately before. In the very same cabin.

And it's not like Y was half empty on PRG-CDG either - I think if the Airbus was configured with "real" business class, it would not have enough Y capacity, possibly even not enough Y+J capacity.