FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Back-to-back / Immediate Turnarounds at BA Destinations
Old May 21, 2018, 4:01 am
wellsy

Programs: QF Gold
LUX B2B

So my LUX B2B went fine last month, I actually got a bit nervous and did a POUG to get at the front of the aircraft (small insurance!) but it probably wasn't necessary on the day – if in ET though I would monitor seats to move as far forward as possible. I did check arriving aircraft (Non-Schengen) around my landing time and it looked clear which reduced any worries, and as expected there were no queues at immigration. The correspondence line is long closed as has been stated preiously, but there were three officials on duty that day (this was the evening arrival).

ePassport gates are being installed at LUX but they still look a little while off - it's very much a construction zone. All in all it only took about 10 minutes from walking off the aircraft to passing back through security. Note that the lounge is after security but before passport control - and that outbound passport queue can build unpredictably and quickly - so don't linger too long in the lounge! The LUX flights tended to be early so the one hour turnaroud time was even shorter, and arrived back at LHR almost half an hour early.

When I first landed in LUX there was an official heading up the aerobridge that entered straight into the departures area who I almost followed in - not sure if things went really south time-wise if you'd be able to sweet-talk them into this shortcut though!

So not completely foolproof but very close to it, I think once the eGates are installed there'd be very few variables left to cause you to miss the return flight.