FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Selecting seats on JAL when booked as AA codeshare
Old May 20, 2018, 8:40 pm
JALPak
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by wanderingstar
For N-class, which I am booked with on JAL presently, it's 24 hours before the flight. Not on a codeshare.

I was originally told 72-hours. But the website had no option to select a seat when I finally figured out how to log in (it's just a little arcane, which is putting it nicely -- to say nothing of that they have so MANY websites, and none of them are particularly user friendly). I'm not a JAL member, but I booked on their site, initially, for a very low fare.

I finally called and reached a customer service agent today, and I was told it was 24 hours for N class seat reservation -- at least from the U.S.

A little irritated because when I booked the ticket, there was zero indication at all that I wouldn't be able to select a seat... until after I had already entered my credit card information.
first of all, this thread is about flights booked as AA codershare. Please stop confusing others as you aren’t booked as AA codeshare. Use your own thread or find a more appropriate one please.

also, JAL website indicates seat selection isn’t available for your flight before you enter the credit card info. It’s on the seat selection page and you wouldn’t be able to select your seat for the flights booked under N class. Yes it could have been improved but you are shown indication of seat selection ineligiblability before payment page. And since you are booked via JAL America website, you could have canceled without penalty or fee within 24 hours even you didn’t find out after payment. Anyway all these belongs to a different thread.