FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ramadan Master Thread - 10 March 2024 to 9 April 2024
Old May 20, 2018, 12:09 pm
srcga

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
Pre-departure champagne was offered in Atlanta on the evening of Thursday May 17. I was pleasantly surprised, thinking maybe it was because Ramadan started in Doha on Thursday and when we boarded it was not yet sundown on Thursday.

Departing DOH on Saturday morning, I was very pleasantly surprised to be offered champagne during pre-departure drinks. I had gathered this was at the crew’s discretion at outstations, but this was an example of a crew offering it at Doha, definitely within the Holy Month. I won’t mention which flight, don’t want to make any problems. Maybe QR has relaxed the “not on the ground” rule even at Doha.
Same here - was offered pre-departure drinks leaving for Doha from the US on Friday, and leaving Doha on Saturday. Booze still on all of the menus that I was offered.

Only hangup was the plane running out of Jack Daniels during the flight .. oops.

Forgot how much I love the A350 flight -- and last time it was coach, this time in business, just an all around great experience.