FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nothing "super" about SE status
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2018, 7:08 am
BlondeBomber
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by lallied

Been SE every year since inception. After flipping from BA gold back then. Concierge has always been for me the most appreciated perk. Though not now as personalized as so many SE and so many Concierges. But some ofthe original ones are still there ��
Seems we are on the cusp of starting a club this year (the 2018 class of 2MMers with pretty continuous SE records).

acysb87 is correct. I have been SE in every year since inception (although it was not technically continuous as I had a few month hiatus due to the SARS crisis when our project in China was temporarily shut down and it took a few months to get my SE status back). I will also be 2MM this year (in a week or so).

I too have a dilemma about whether I will keep at it or start experimenting with other airlines even more than I already am.

AC has been pretty good to me despite the incremental loss of benefits (or as AC calls them "enhancements"). I adapt and go where I think the best value is for me. Have finally got my Aeroplan balance down into the 200,000 range and hope to keep on top of that so it doesn't balloon again. Would like to know where Altitude is going as I have no plans to change my flying amount for the foreseeable future despite my "enhanced" age.