FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...
Old May 20, 2018, 4:58 am
Nick Art
Moderator: SAS

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by flymeoutofhere
This is unfortunately the norm (has always been that way, and only recently have they added the A330 clarification), it seems like they are trying to milk the business demand from TLV with the old marketing but different product.
BA is flying to TLV with some A321 with a special business configuration, with so much demand I'm surprised LX didn't consider the same thing. On another note, OS has added a 3rd daily flight to TLV for this winter, the market expects growth, seems like a strange time for LX to decide to cut or even balance capacity (B77W on day flight and A343 or A333 on night flight would be a smart growth decision in my opinion). Tourism in Israel is up 25% YoY, LY is in a worse and worse state with falling market share and a demising reputation in the local market, and LX has the best local reputation of all European airlines in the business segment.
That clarification is just more confusing than clarifying because at first I thought It'd tell me that it's a lie flat seat because the flight was operated by an A330 and not that it's a lie flat seat only when the flight is operated by an A330 (which isn't true either, as we still have the A340s and B77W with lie flat seats that operate the flights sometimes). So imo it is not clarifying at all and rather misleading.

I'm still waiting for the day when some carrier in Europe decides to introduce an actual Business Class into their short haul planes (looks at Qatar), maybe we will see an introduction of that with the A321NeoLRs swiss is thinking about to order that will maybe jump over to the other short haul planes or maybe since new planes will have the range to be used for short haul and medium - long haul we'll see more Business seats intra Europe (thinking of MoM planes)? Yeah wishful thinking I know. Maybe one of us should dedicate his life for the sake of the others and become Manager of the LH Group and introduce that...
The BA A321 Business seats are actually the same as Swiss has on their A330s.