FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade by oil change?
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2018, 5:43 pm
heubergen

Originally Posted by Bjam99
I admire the fact that firstly you're paying attention to the oil change schedule and secondly that you seem to actively want to assist Hertz with the maintenance of their vehicles! Let me know if you ever have a used car for sale! For me the point of renting is that I *dont* have to worry about this kind of stuff. The importance of on-schedule oil changes it something I care about in my own vehicles because of longer term reliability but for a rental? No way.
I have a Camry with 235k for 1k$ somewhere in the Midwestern to sell :P
No, honestly; the reason why I pay attention about it is because than I have a good reason to change my car again and I like it to drive different cars. Is that weird?

Originally Posted by AutoSlash
You do realize that you can drive cross country and back and still not hit 6K miles right? Additionally, Hertz can put you on the Do Not Rent (DNR) list if you drive more than 3,500 in a single month. Do you really think you'll hit 8K miles or more?
It's not like I'm driving miles just to get to a oil change quicker, but I'll have the rental car for about 60 days and in this time I'm going to hit all 48 states so it's very likely that I'm going to hit the 8k. I had just about 3k miles in two weeks from LAX to South Florida.
PS:And doesn't your blog say that punting miles on the car is NOT a reason to get on the list?