FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - So at the beginning/end of your trip your passport get lost/stolen...
Old May 19, 2018, 5:23 am
ilcannone

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
I lost my Irish passport in 2014 almost immediately after arriving in Beirut, but it took me about 12 hours to realise I had. Lucky for me, I had my UK passport as well...unlucky for me, I entered on my Irish. Turned out I dropped it straight after passport control and found it in lost property in the airport, thank god!

I also lost it again in Berlin in 2016 but this time without finding it. To make matters worse, I lost it on a Saturday and had a flight to Bogota on Tuesday evening. Thankfully, the Irish embassy was willing to provide an emergency passport on condition of confirming that Colombia and Panama would accept the emergency passport and have a police report (which I got by having a German-speaking friend recording my story in German on WhatsApp for me). Got it within 30 minutes at a cost of 140EUR...so actually, it was a lot less stressful than expected.

Had it been my British passport (which at that time was in the Russian Embassy in London and it was Russian holidays at that point too), it would have been a trip back to London and waiting up to 3 weeks just for an appointment at the passport office!