FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue
Old May 19, 2018, 4:27 am
Pseudo Nim

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by Lewis42
I personally really like the RA changes for the most part. I don’t like the uncertainty of whether or not I will attain it but I genuinely appreciate the guaranteed lounge access and the more clarity over the benefits.
Hang on, what clarity? The two level upgrade which ... sometimes means a suite ... and sometimes the exact same room, but with a fancier title, and maybe a parking lot view instead of an armpit view? Or the lounge access which has some cold eggs and three snacks (I'm looking at you, IC Okinawa Manza) and officially you're not allowed to have breakfast in the restaurant, but maybe.... or in cases where there isn't a lounge, then all bets are off - it depends on how friendly you are with staff, which may or may not get you breakfast. Or how about just everything going out the window on points? Oh sorry, says IC ANA Tokyo, you're on points? Go pound sand! We only maybe recognise the paying guests. And then IC Cannes gives you a suite and minibar and thanks you for being a RA.

RA is the most frustrating program ever. I enjoy being one, but I hate the lack of renewal criteria and inconsistent benefits across properties. I really wish they'd get their act together, because otherwise, the only thing that bonds us is the constant complaining about it.