FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seoul to Busan: Train vs. Flying
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2018, 5:26 pm
Grogs

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by nme7
That is correct, if you have a ticket from ICN to PUS, then immigration is handled at the end, PUS. This was changed within the last few years and now ICN/PUS flights are considered international flights in Korea. The ICN/PUS ticket usually can only be purchased with proof of a flight arriving or leaving ICN. Saves the hassle of going through immigration at ICN, and then getting on a bus to GMP airport to take a domestic flight to PUS.

As for the first class ticket on KTX, I would recommend purchasing the normal economy fare. Then go back to the ticket counter to upgrade it to First class. Pay the difference out of pocket. You may be able to purchase the Tickets Online online before. It is maybe USD $20~25? In First class, the seat layout is 1-2 arrangement. 'A' seats are solo, while 'B' and 'C' seats are together. If you have a choice, the A seats are preferred as it is both Aisle and Window. Btw, it is First Class in name only! Seats are roughly comparable to domestic airline biz seats. But still worth the upgrade as economy is cramped and I would not want to be stuck there for 3 hours.
I was looking at the korail website and I saw they had an option for foreigners to purchase a day pass. It said you could then go in and reserve seats and pay to upgrade to first class separately. That sounds perfect for my situation. I'll explore it a little more closely before I go and make sure that option will work. It's probably a bit more expensive than just purchasing the tickets directly, but mostly work just cares that I'm not submitting a first class ticket for reimbursement.

Originally Posted by nme7
Haha, what was the name of that movie?
I watched Train to Busan this weekend, so I feel prepared now. I'm wondering if I can get away with carrying an axe in my checked bag just in case.