FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old May 18, 2018, 2:38 am
EuropeanPete

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Apart from specific help, it is often difficult to separate hotels that simply provide good Platinum treatment from those making an effort for Ambassador guests specifically.

24 hours ago I was in a $200 a night Renaissance in Heathrow in a normal sized room conveniently located for the Executive Club, but which didn't even have bottled water. Right now I'm in a 4,000 points Four Points in Beirut (part-night stay only) upgraded from a base room to a giant Executive Suite with two large plates full of Middle Eastern treats and a bowl of fruit. There are clearly different brand standards, different geographies and the differences between Marriott Rewards and SPG at play here, but it's not impossible that my MR Platinum vs. Starwood Ambassador status could have had an impact (I suspect it never hurts when your Ambassador reaches out to a property to organize something with them).