FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tierra Patagonia, Chile - really nice but not a fit
Old May 18, 2018, 12:54 am
Pausanias

According to TripAdvisor reviews, the Sheraton is now the Melia and remains open while renovations are completed. I stayed there for four nights when it was a Sheraton and also went to the Belmond before it was acquired by that group. The Melia is a modern structure which probably would not be built today. However, it is not a high-rise. We loved staying there -- the views are superb and there is direct access to the park. We travelled there independently but there were several tour groups. That didn't seem to impair the overall experience.

The falls from the Argentina side are quite different from the Brazilian side so people should try and see both. You get seriously close and wet in Argentina and get vast panoramas from Brazil. The Belmond is a colonial era place with stunning gardens. It was quite run down when I was there (before the Belmond takeover). If I were going back I would definitely stay at both again.

Last edited by Pausanias; May 18, 2018 at 4:01 am