FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 17, 2018, 6:56 pm
yerffej201

Originally Posted by damaxer91
Was in NYC last week at the Grand Hyatt and booked a Premier Suite so I'd have somewhere roomy to watch the Super Bowl with a couple of friends. We were 5 people total but I was the only one who slept over. We were by no means loud nor did we make much of a mess. There wasn't even any alcohol present. Sure enough on Tuesday, I saw a charge for $250 on my Credit Card. I called Hyatt accounting and was told that the hotel charged us a $250 surcharge for "Excessive mess during Super Bowl Party". I have stayed in many hotels around the world of all shapes and form and have left some small messes before but this was certainly nothing above the norm. We disposed of all food in 2 garbage bags and even put the soda bottles in a separate bag so they could be recycled. I don't imagine that it took housekeeping more than 10 minutes to clean it all up. Has anyone else experienced such a surcharge?

Before I dispute the charge, I asked accounting to inquire with the hotel exactly why they charged us this surcharge and whether they could remove it. More than anything else, I am worried that something like this would stay in my Hyatt profile and affect me getting upgrades etc going forward. Should I be worried?
How many people would you say the premier suite would accommodate? Thinking of buying up to this category.
Would anyone have an email I can contact the property with?