FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old May 17, 2018, 6:07 pm
C17PSGR

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by bhrubin

For those who think Ambassador status means little or nothing, there seems to be an incessant need to keep posting here, regardless. It’s a lot like trolling. If one is so certain that Ambassador status is worthless, then one logically would expect posting about it to be just as useless. Me’thinks some doth protest too much.
I'm not saying it means little or nothing. But, as far as I can tell, you are the only poster who reports these types of results which suggests to me that it little to do with an ambassador and more to do with your event planning -- or something else. Personally, I remain interested in experiences and ideas that I can expect from an ambassador.

Also, I was at the W Scottsdale, which routinely offers a poor experience that fails to provide program basics but a convenient location. It certainly caters to the sneak in a cooler/squeeze many people in to a room crowd. I've had better experiences at other W's, although of my 14 nights at SPG properties this year, I've only had two suite upgrades-- all were one or two night stays so it wouldn't have been complicated. That's less than I've had at Marriotts this month. Of course, I understand that the SPG properties don't see X4/M0. However, the SPG regulars participating in various threads don't seem to know whether the property can distinguish between a regular plat, a P75, or a P100. And certainly, there doesn't seem to be any other reports that Ambassadors for either Marriotts or SPG are regularly contacting properties proactively to alert them that we are coming. On the other hand, I suspect that if I called my ambassador and told her please make sure my room is at a certain temperature on my stays this week or to alert the property that I was having an anniversary celebration, she would probably do it. Then again, after spending a lot of time in the Middle East, Asia, and Central America -- 135 degrees without AC can be a real drag and a couple of weeks in a poorly heated tent when its 15 below , makes one more flexible on temperature (although my thermostat at the W definitely wasn't working Then again, I do expect hotels to follow program rules and provide program benefits.

And just trying to understand reasonable expectations from an Ambassador although its always nice to have someone answer the phone and fix a reservation in two minutes.