FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)
Old May 17, 2018, 4:56 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Your temperature requirements are becoming legendary.

How did you travel in parts of Europe like France before the infamous heat wave that killed hundreds of people and caused many luxury hotels to change their stance that AC just isn't nice and instead install it in various historic hotels? I learned to always get a written confirmation that any hotel room in Europe has AC that will be functioning at the time of my stay (after I was burned on this at the Palace Hotel in Anacapri, where the hotel insisted that Italian law didn't require them to turn on the AC before July 15th despite a nightly AC fee on the bill and published room descriptions that included AC) and I remember begging for fans (which the hotel wouldn't confirm in advance) at the Grand Hotel in Stockholm as they were considering whether to retrofit the building with AC that summer.