FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United 77x Future/Changed Routes w/ Polaris Seats
Old May 17, 2018, 1:07 pm
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Anything can happen. Tomorrow, my flight ORD-MUC is a reconfigured 772 with the Polaris seats. It was not supposed to be that. Changed yesterday. I keep checking the seat map as I know that if they switch back to the non-reconfigured one, the computer will assign me a middle seat in the group of 4 whereas I used to have an aisle seat before the switch.

This is now getting too OT but my ORD-MUC was switched back to the normal 2-4-2 772. They gave me a window seat and I hate window seats that are not also aisle. Map is full so no changing. I guess I should not complain (too much) as my wife now has no seat.
That could end ugly for your wife as there are 48 total J/F on the 2-4-2 config, while 50 on the Polaris config. Hopefully they will upgrade some pax from J to F and your wife will at least get a seat vs. a downgrade to Y (or even worse if Y is full an IDB, though I don't think that will happen). I hate when they play this AC configuration game over and over in the days leading up to departure.. I have been separated from my wife as well when they were playing the 767-300 swapping game a couple years back. Hopefully the retrofits happen quickly and logistics minimizes these config switches.