FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Priority Pass benefit rapidly deteriorating
Old May 17, 2018, 7:25 am
LupineChemist

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by k374
I think the standards should be higher, for CSR anyone who does not have $10,000 minimum spend in the prior year should not be able to get Priority Pass, otherwise it really dilutes the usefulness of the benefits. There is no point having a benefit if it is difficult to use because people are offered it for nothing essentially, there has to be some filtering standard. I use PP on my CSR perhaps 2-3 times a year and bring no guests, i'm solo... but it's frustrating that I am affected because people have 4 or 5 people in tow since they bring their entire families. I am not blaming the people but rather Chase for not implementing a filter to keep the quality of the benefit to something reasonable.
I like the idea and it would be useful for Chase to discern a bit between people who actually use the card and just Churners who use it as a place to accumulate their other UR points.

That said, it is at the end of the day a proposal to say "they should change the rules to such that they limit others but leave it unchanged with me". Most of the proposals around here tend to be along those lines.