FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Complex itinerary - checked baggage question
Old May 17, 2018, 1:58 am
Saltire74
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
I am almost certain that the short answer will be no. Is this itinerary all one ticket or are separate tickets involved? If one ticket, then my understanding is that luggage must follow the passenger as ticketed, however, I don’t think there is the ability for ‘back-tracking’, same airport on the luggage tag twice, in this case DXB.

The other barrier being that that there is in excess of 24 hours between flights and airlines do not tend to be responsible for luggage if not on a direct connection in excess of a 24 hour period.

Am sure some of the DXB regulars will be able to confirm if you have the option of leaving your luggage at a left luggage facility in DXB if there is one but that will mean claiming luggage on arrival from SFO and re-checking when you return from LHR.

If separate tickets, then wouldn’t help either as the time between first arrival in DXB and returning from LHR again exceeds the 24 hour period.

S