FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Maldives Recs for 2019 trip
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2018, 11:26 pm
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
Thinking about staying at the FS Kuda Huraa and FS Landaa Giraavara in July. I will be 3 nights at each resort. Would you suggest an overwater room at FS KH and just a regular ocean front bungalow at FS LG? I don't know that I need 6 nights in an overwater room but definitely want to experience it for part of the trip. Rack room rate at FS KH is $900 for beach villa up to $1800 for an overwater sunset view room. At FS LG the basic oceanfront room is $1325 up to $1725 for a sunset overwater villa and goes to $1925 for a sunset overwater villa with pool. I realize I will spend a lot of money but if I can save $1000-2000 somewhere, I'm all for that as well, but don't want to spoil a once in a lifetime trip to save $1000-2000 if the experience is that much superior.. Thoughts on the room choice at each hotel? Does FS ever include full board booking in advance like Gilli Lankanfushi sometimes does? .Thanks for your thoughts.
I would do the reverse if I were you. Book the beach villa at FSKH, and then the overwater (with or without pool) at FSLG. It’s generally best to go “up” in choice of hotel and accommodation during a trip than to go “down.” That way it feels like a step up.

FS offer very good half and full board plans for purchase. Unlike some other resorts, you are not limited to certain outlets or menu selections. You can have anything at any restaurant on a full or half board plan. There may, in rare cases, be surcharges or exclusions for specialty items like caviar, etc., but for the most part anything on the menu is included.