FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Experiences 2018
Old May 16, 2018, 4:04 pm
Steph58

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria, VA

Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria, VA

What is your Priority Club status? Spire

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes, very happy

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? Booked reward night, so basic room. Received upgrade to corner riverview king 5th floor, highest category I believe.

How are the rooms? Loved the room, has kind of a nautical, cruise ship theme. New and fresh, comfortable bed & pillows, wood floor, Keurig coffee maker, safe, good counter space in bathroom, desk/chair, long lounge chair, plus another arm chair. Front desk actually let me view 2 corner riverview rooms so I could choose. However, with that said, this particular room 507 had a major issue--very loud jet noise from DCA. I didn't notice it when I dropped my suitcase off in the afternoon. But at night--WOW, every minute a jet taking off until 11 p.m. Then started back up at 5-6 a.m. I read reviews and did not find others mentioning jet noise, so it must be unique to this corner side of the hotel.

How is the exec. lounge? N/A

What was good and what was bad? Front desk staff super nice (gave me tickets for a free ride on the water taxi to DC, welcome points and welcome drink); housekeeping staff very friendly, ditto for restaurant servers. Received an early check-in at noon; latest check-out I could get was 12:30 as they were sold out for that night (true, I checked). Location is right in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, great for tourists. The hotel's Hummingbird restaurant was good. The only bad aspect was that my room felt like it was on the DCA runway. The other room I viewed was corner, 2nd floor, with walls of floor-to-ceiling windows, very large, riverview, beautiful. I declined that room because people eating on the patio or walking down the path could easily see right in the room since it was 2nd floor with so many tall windows.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? This hotel is on the current pointsbreak list--would be a super deal for 15K points. I paid the full 30K points as it was a pricey night and offered no pointbreaks (full points reward night just popped up a few days before my stay). 15 minute Uber ride to DCA. Yes I definitely would return again, but be careful which room you're assigned.