FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lifetime Globalist
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2018, 3:10 pm
SF1K

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by SMK77
I completed my first year as Hyatt Lifetime and I thought this is a good opportunity to share some observations. In short, if you can get to Lifetime: do it!

In the past 12 months I stayed at various Hyatt properties and with the exception of Park Hyatt Sydney I have always received a suite. In cases where I used upgrades to a suite or paid for a suite I almost always received further upgrades up to Diplomat or Ambassador Suite.Most spectacular upgrade: Park Hyatt New York from a base room to an Ambassador Suite followed by Grand Hyatt Berlin from a base room to their Daimler Suite. Hyatt Regency Dusseldorf put me in their Presidential Suite when I was confirmed in a base suite. I was upgraded to Diplomat Suites at Park Hyatt Shanghai, Park Hyatt Tokyo, and Park Hyatt Vendome.

All hotels have been very accommodating with early check-ins and I receive welcome amenities at almost every Hyatt I stay. Park Hyatt Zurich welcomed me back as Lifetime member with a pretty expensive bottle of champagne and Park Hyatt Vendome also picked one of my favorite brands for my most recent stay.

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong gets a special mention for their efforts - they saw me last year more than any other property and they are doing a wonderful job.

I continue to requalify for Globalist via spend and have 8 upgrade certificates to use every year. Hyatt is very appreciative of the loyality and business I have given them over the past 12 years and I am very pleased to see that they continue to make an effort to show me every time how much they care how much thought goes into making my stays most comfortable and delightful.

So if your footprint of travel matches the Hyatt footprint, it is worth the long run to get to Lifetime. I don't think there is any better published status out there.

I'm super excited to be joining the LT Globalist ranks soon. I'm actually only holding off because I want to use that Category 1-7 cert at the end of December, otherwise I'd already have crossed the threshold. Nice to hear that there seem to be some recognition above and/beyond Globalist status, although from the sounds of it you are also a fairly high-spender so that may be it as well. I'm $791 away from hitting the mark - but actually needed to change my freaking Memorial Day trip to points from points+cash so I wouldn't cross over. I'll be making it with my stay in July. Although I almost want to try to do it just before those stays, because those are all vacation ones and it would be nice to see if there is special recognition, particularly at the Park Hyatt Tokyo, which would technically be my first stay after hitting LT but probably too soon for them to see it since my stay that is right before that one will be the one that makes it "hit".

Also:

Does the dashboard on the app/website even show the countdown towards nights once LTG?

Do you receive the extra Cat 1-7 Cert and extra 4 TSUs at 55 or 60 nights?

Last edited by SF1K; May 16, 2018 at 3:26 pm