FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Flex-Schedule Program,bidding for voluntary bumps & sometimes confirmed rebookings
Old May 16, 2018, 2:19 pm
hscottm

Programs: United Gold
Originally Posted by david_oz

yep. So the conclusion of this story is that I’m now in a hotel in Denver, which united was kind enough to pay for (I didn’t realize free hotel during IIROPS was a 1k perk, so that was a nice surprise). I’m booked on the direct DEN-MEX flight tomorrow because there was no chance of making the connection in SFO and also no chance of getting bumped in DEN because seats opened up. Overall I’d say it’s a neutral result
  • saved $100+ on a hotel that I was going to have to pay for somewhere
  • got $40 to spend at the airport tomorrow morning. Side note: does anyone know if these can be used at any merchant at the airport? Or is it limited to food and beverage only? The answer determines whether I’m getting breakfast at Elways or a new pair of sunglasses
  • arriving in MEX slightly later than planned. Currently #1 on the upgrade list with one spot left, but they are selling upgrades for $230 so my chances are slim
  • missed out on about 1000 PQMs, which shouldn’t be an issue. Barring any trip cancellations I should be good for 1k again
you should be able to ask for original routing credit.