FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Mena House (near pyramids), Cairo, Egypt [Master Thread]
Old May 16, 2018, 10:33 am
ankomonkey

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
The following response to a recent review was posted on TripAdvisor.

Not sure whether the highlighted phrase foretells of another merger , a rebranding or if the Director of Marketing Communications at The Mena House moonlights at The Four Seasons Cairo and didn't know what hat he was wearing at the time

Could it be that the ultimate hotel owners are the same for both? Last year I was looking at a city in Turkey with just a few high(er)-class chain hotels. I requested a quote from the Radisson hotel for an offer not available on the hotel's website and the response came on Novotel-headed paper. This hotel had not rebranded and the current Novotel hotel address from another location in the city was on the quote. I assumed that some of the chain hotels in this city were owned/managed by the same group, and the chain brands were merely a marketing affiliation. I may be completely wrong, however!