FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA code share flights in Australia?
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2018, 3:52 am
hmun01

BA code share flights in Australia?

Hi all,

Long term lurker here, I signed up just to ask this question. Sadly in this case some trawling didn't help. I've been living in Australia for the last 2 years and slowly losing my BA executive status. I've dropped down to Bronze just this month.

The GF and I have just bought some promo Qatar business class tickets for a visit back to the UK in August which could score us a tasty 600 tier points each with BA (this has to be a mistake...), this would normally be enough to get up to silver (allowing us lounge access on one world partner ticket) however we would additionally require 4x BA flights to a achieve this.

I've been searching the BA app for some codeshare flights in Australia. A few short hops to Brisbane or Melbourne would get us there however I can't find anything. I simply receive:
  • British Airways does not have traffic rights to operate directly between these two cities.

​​​​​​Now I know for sure you can get code share flights in Australia. I've flown BA15 / BA16 between LHR and Sydney a few (too many) times that on landing in Sydney they always announce where and how to clear immigration and transfer to a BA domestic codeshare flight (presumably with Qantas).
Thing is I can't find these flights. BA, shut up and take my money!

The alternative is to sign up to Qatar and get on their lowest tier (silver) and just take the hit and say goodbye to BA. However if there's a way of getting my 4x BA flights in Australia I'd like to have a go at that, I don't fly anywhere near as much as I used to (thank god) but I do enjoy the lounges when I get out and about for leasure.

Sorry for the essay! Any input welcome.

Cheers,
Cris