FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rumor: Hilton to Phase Out All Executive Lounges at Hiltons in the United States?
Old May 15, 2018, 9:35 am
ppwchess

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, HHonors Diamond,
I came across a similar experience at my most recent stay in St. Petersburg, FL at the Hilton on Bay Front. Last year on my last night the lounge hostess said the lounge was closing for renovations and that there would be complementary breakfast in the hotel restaurant. That was fine. This year when I came back the lounge had been reopened, but it was only for Diamond members. Gold still had free breakfast in the restaurant. When I asked about that change, they blamed it on corporate. When I asked about being allowed access the front desk person essentially said, no that they had a specific list of who could go there and that they checked carefully. As a Gold member, I've always had lounge access at every Hilton I've stayed at that had a lounge. I don't know if this is an across the board change at all Hilton properties or just an individual property policy.

I can't complain about the breakfast at the hotel restaurant. There was a very nice buffet and one could order a freshly made omelet. Breakfast was better than what was typically provided in the lounge. However I liked being able to go up the lounge for happy hour, having a few appetizers, a glass of wine and talking with other guests. Also I could go into the lounge at anytime, and help myself to water, juice, yogurt and other snacks. There was also always coffee and tea available. Since I was there doing a triathlon, it was always nice to go up there at 4:00 am to make myself a cup of tea to have with my pre-race breakfast and grab a bottle or two of water. This year I had to pass on my pre-race caffeine hit since the hotel Starbucks was not open at that hour.