FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEATAC is a bad airport--what happens if not on a partner airline?
Old May 15, 2018, 7:10 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Chugach
BA is a codeshare partner of AS.
Originally Posted by bigbirdwithsilverwings
Understood, but BA will not check luggage through if I have purchased one ticket from BA and another from Alaska despite me needing both to get to PDX where BA doesn't fly...sigh.
Originally Posted by croberts134
But they will sell you a single ticket with a BA flight to SEA and an AS flight to PDX so any bags would be checked through on that ticket...
I'm very confused OP is about travel from CANADA to SEA to PDX. There's no reason fro BA to be involved, although it might have been possible to purchase the ticket(s) from BA or with BA codeshares if for some reason the OP wanted to have the ticket(s) written this way.

Most Canadian transborder flights do preclearance, so there shouldn't be USA customs etc. upon arrival, nor even TSA security (was the OP referring to PreCheck when he/she asserts that there was no TSA line on arrival?) AFAIK. Are departures from the Victoria BC to the USA an exception?

Originally Posted by jinglish
Um, due to said codesharing agreement, you can buy a PDX-LHR round trip on a single ticket from BA, so... why not just do that?
And yes, SEA can get crowded, especially at immigration, which is why the new international arrivals facility is under construction.