FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2018, 2:46 am
HypnoticSpecter

Talking

Originally Posted by notsosmart
It really depends on dates. I have a two day stop in HKG, because that's all I want/need, and it prices out on CX J. I'm guessing that the further out you look, the better your odds of getting seats. If you want to fly next week, it's probably not possible.
Thanks for your advice. I tried next March and am glad to report back I can find either east bound or west to start with, from ICN to SCL. Choice of airlines are many, with LA code I could get AA operated flights, but not AA marketed so I couldn't apply my SWU. Via Hong Kong is my thing and I was able to find a layover in outbound (ICN-SCL) and a stopover in the inbound (SCL-Japan). Again, many options with the inbound, I had AKL/SYD/MEL/BNE/SIN all possible, connecting to HKG.

My final leg is CX HKG-CTS, it's a better place for travel IMHO plus it's over 2000 miles from HKG. I credit to BA and I was able find an itinerary at least 6 segments with 140 tier points, for me BA Gold is more important than RDM. For those who are not interested with OWE, you can do HKG-CTS with a good stopover in Korea (BUS/SEL both OK at least).

All of them can be done as low as 1,700,000 Korean Won around 1600 USD. Prices go up when you add stopover, not by much though, most expensive would be Australian taxes in my itineraries. I found using MINCONNECT option in matrix is better then adding a segment, I did something like 48:00. Bookwithmatrix should work for my itinerary and I am waiting for final approval from Mrs. HypnoticSpector to ticket.