FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Invest 56 Nights To Make Lifetime Plat, worth it or not?
Old May 15, 2018, 12:34 am
JfromTheBay

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by avacadohead
I have some questions but I've found conflicting answers on different blogs.

And before I plunge into crazy-land with a plan, my facts should be solid. Which is why I've come here, to 'all things SPG'.

I'm a lifetime spg gold and have 444 nights (and 10 years as a plat) which makes me 56 nights short of lifetime status. I'm thinking of making a mattress run to get the remaining nights needed to achieve this, before requirements change for this status.. So for anyone who is willing to help...my questions are as follows:

1. Will August be the deadline to complete the 56 nights or do I have until December 31 to make the big 500?
2. Are there others who are trying this and or, think its worth it?
3. The Lifetime Plats will receive the same benefits after August as they do now and their lifetime status will remain...for life. True?
4. When I book two rooms for 5 nights, do I get credit for 10 nights (currently) or just five?

Thanks for your patience if I've missed a thread that covers some of these points clearly, I apologize.

1. You have till Dec for old SPG Lifetime Plat, after 8/1/18 you can combine both
2. 56 nights is a lot but it could be done, how bad do you want it? if it was me, I would do it.
3. Yes except for 750 who gets Platinum Premier
4. Only till Aug (from my understanding after 8/1/18 its only 1 room elite night)

Good Luck, Congratz on lifetime

Last edited by JfromTheBay; May 15, 2018 at 12:43 am