FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase closed my credit card account(s) [Archived 2013-mid 2019]
Old May 14, 2018, 5:47 pm
Teddy Ruxpin

Is this a trap?

Background: I'm under 5/24 and haven't opened a new Chase account in over 2 years. My wife on the other hand, has more than a few open (7). 5 of those currently have usage except IHG and United. And by usage, I mean at least $5,000 a month in total.

Anywho, initially applied for CSP and get denial for 5/24, which I knew was wrong. I wait until pretty much day 30 to call to make sure if any account was counting, in particular an AU account, that it would be gone. Get a guy who is pretty rude and HUCA. Get a nice lady who says I should be good on accounts, but that she can't reprocess accounts that are denied due to 5/24 (This wasn't an issue for in the past applying with 5/24 and having it fall off mid-application so I'm not sure if there has been a change).

So whatever, I wait a couple weeks and apply again. Get the same denial. Call Recon and get a dude, and should have hung up. I play it somewhat dumb until he tells me its an AU account holding up my application. He seems to mention how many open accounts my wife has under his breath, so I guess he's looking at them being I was an AU. I reiterate I'm not an AU on any card open recently and he says he can resubmit my app and asks the job/mortgage questions. I give him my current job but he forgets to ask income. I mention our house mortgage and he asks why it isn't on my Credit Report. I tell him we opened the mortgage under my wife only as I was switching jobs at the time. He then says, "I see you have business cards with us" and I state those were for my private practice.

Time goes by and I know I haven't been approved since the card hasn't shown up online, but now I get a Fraud Letter wanting me to confirm the application is actually mine and to call in.

Is this a trap to get shutdown? Should I wait a few months?