FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upcoming changes to Flying Blue in 2018
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2018, 2:03 pm
BA Humbug
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by SkyteamEP
There's no minimum amount of sector flown on AF/KL/HV/KQ.
Thanks! This program is definitely looking good

Originally Posted by brunos
You don't need any segment and AFKL.
Not sure why FB would be your preferred option is you are to be based in DXB and don't expect to do 4 segments on AFKL.
If you care about status, and apparently you do as you talk about XP, note that domestic flights bring very few XPs. That applies to DL flights within the US (including to Hawaii) or flights within China (including Hong Kong).
As mentioned by Fabo.sk you also need to reach silver (no real benefits) before you can attack gold as your XPs will be reset to zero when you reach silver.
Here's my take, based on 2x DXB-PRG, 4x DXB-URC, 1x DXB-DMM/JED/RUH each per year:
- OK program: 39.5k miles, 50k required for gold
- CZ program: 63k km, 80k km required for gold
- DL program: too confusing (heh), + I don't get to enjoy the benefits of intra-US travel upgrades as that's not going to be part of the job. If it were to happen I'd probably credit that to BA TPs.
- FB: 318 XP, 280 XP req for gold

Not to mention, there's a plethora of resources on here to maximize usage of accrued FB points as well as a great resource to get advance information of upcoming changes. The same can`t be said of OK/CZ!

The accrued points + status can also be put towards a nice leisure trip on AF in F every so often

For me and my upcoming travel patterns, it seems to make sense. Would be happy to be proven wrong!