FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wow...I can’t believe that employee on employee on customer treatment
Old May 14, 2018, 7:02 am
SFOrunner

Programs: UA 1K, UA .53 MM, Marriott Gold, Nexus, GE, TSA Pre, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cfischer
ouch ....

P IAD/OUT 207A L04.02 ☨
P IAD/OFF 219A
P CLE/ON 312A
P CLE/IN 318A L03.54 ☨
So if I'm reading the above correctly...

The flight was out of the gate at 2:07 AM, which was four hours and two minutes late.
The flight took off at 2:19 AM
The flight landed at 3:12 AM
The flight was in the gate at 3:18 AM, which was three hours and 54 minutes late

Originally Posted by laxmillenial
I don't think front-line employees are as aware of the yellow wraps as Mileageplus is. I fly with mine and when seated in F (domestic), was asked if I was an employee when a late boarding passenger came on and was looking for baggage space. I identified the bag as mine and stated I was not an employee to a FA and she looked a bit puzzled seeing the "United" on the yellow wrap, but she said ok and nothing further came from it.
I haven't had to gate check a bag in quite a while...but flew ORD-GRR on a 145 the other day. I was the 6th or 7th pax to board and drop my bad on the jet bridge, and my bag was the first one off the plane when we landed. I think the handle wrap helped.

- LE

Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
“In the box” and all this other inside baseball really makes it frustrating to make sense of might be an interesting thread.
"The Box" is the penalty box

`Place where planes--generally after ground stop, GDP, or just running late get to wait while their gate opens; may also be used on departures for metering or flow delays. ORD actually has a space officially called the "Penalty Box" [on airport diagrams and a "Scenic Pad"] but used generically as a place somewhere out of ATC's way to bide time.`

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 14, 2018 at 10:30 am Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member