FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Product Change/Card Conversion: Downgrade, Upgrade, Keep or Cancel? (2016-2019)
Old May 14, 2018, 6:18 am
pallhedge

Originally Posted by Euph222
I have a Sapphire (regular) and a Sapphire Reserve. Even though the Sapphire (regular) has no annual fee, is there any reason I should be concerned about closing it (I would ask to move the credit line to the Reserve and move any UR points to the Reserve before doing so)? I'm planning to keep the Reserve for the foreseeable future.

Perhaps there's even a benefit of closing the Sapphire (regular) that I'm unaware of. I'm just trying to consolidate the number of cards I have. The Sapphire regular was opened in 2012 (which is on the earlier side of most of my cards though I've had a few since 2005 and 2008) so I'm wondering if I should be at all concerned about the hit to my credit score. I'm not planning to take out any loans anytime soon.

Thanks!
I second Mia's suggestion to product change your Sapphire to a Freedom Unlimited card. You'll keep your credit history and UR points and have a card that earns more UR points for your base spend. It's a no-brainer.