FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is China Eastern's customer service really this bad?
Old May 13, 2018, 7:24 pm
Dean1953

Originally Posted by Bub001
I wasn’t going to reply again....and this is my final contribution to this discussion. You just don’t get it....things are done differently outside the US-you might not like it, but they are. You might find that inexplicable, but they still are. You are going to have to make your peace with this. MU probably move 200,000 passengers a day...they just don’t care. While suing people in small claims, venting on social media (most of which isn’t available in the PRC) and contacting the US DoT is a big deal where you live, in the rest of the world it is of no consequence. It will have no effect at all with MU. I hope you are able to let it go, because it now seems you are getting close to the line of rational/irrational. In future, I strongly suggest that you fly TG, or a non-stop US airline if there is one when you return to Thailand. I realise it’s a bit more expensive, but they are generally more Western in their approach, and that seems to be a better fit for you. I hope you can walk away from this, and maybe later when your anger has dissipated, can reflect on this as part of a bigger picture.
if you think that I'm ever going to let this go, you don't know me. I wrote the letter for compensation today and it will be sent tomorrow morning by certified letter. In it, I let them know that unless there is a settlement in 30 days, I will file a lawsuit and a complaint with the DOT. If I win in small claims court, I can attach their property for up to the amount of the judgment. I can show this judgment to every person standing in line at the China Eastern ticket counter at LAX. I have a brother that lives in Los Angeles and can visit him for a month or 2. What I can guarantee that, at some point, they will care about what I am doing. Whether it results in a settlement, that's up to them.