FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First TR & Surprise Babymoon to Korea
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2018, 6:55 pm
YVRStarFlyer

Programs: Aeroplan
So Lets Get This Started.
May 9th Morning - We decided to leave a little early so my wife could eat a small breakfast in the YVR MLL before we got onto the flight. Online checked-in the night before and just had to drop off our 1 checked bag at the AC counter. There is not fast track for J passengers at YVR so you could either take 5 mins or 50 mins going through security if it just happened everyone arrived at the airport at the same time. We were lucky and it took 5 mins so we were on our way to the MLL lounge. Lets just say we should've paid for breakfast somewhere else. It was 9AM in the morning and food tasted like garbage. Sausages were soggy, scrambled eggs tasted like scrambled yellowly goop from powder eggs which was left sitting to long so they threw some more powder in their and called it a day and the hash browns were rock hard. The best thing was a cup of latte.......never thought I would want to get on the plane that bad........

FINALLY! It was time to get on my first Long Haul flight in a 787 J Class, I've never had a chance since for some reason I always manage to get on a 777-300 flying to SE Asia.
This is just weeks after AC introduced their "Signature Class". So what's new in the "Signature Class", a mattress pad thats almost as thing as my bedsheets, I'm pretty sure they are their for sanitary reasons rather than comfort; and a new amenity kit from "Want Les Essentiels".

Time to Eat!

Getting on this flight I got the feeling this was going to be a great Crew! They started meal service pretty much as soon as we took-off, reached cruising attitude and the seat-belt sign turned off. Appetizer Lobster, prawns, olive salsa verde, tomato confit, marinated artichokes, roasted garlic aioli Mixed greens, grape tomatoes, vinaigrette REALLY SOGGY GARLIC BREAD........ I had a glass of Jean-François Mérieau L'arpent des Vaudons Sauvignon Blanc 2016, Touraine, France

Main Course Spicy beef bibimbap, steamed rice, fried egg, mixed vegetables I thought, why not start off our Korea trip with a Korean inflight meal......then I thought, why not I start thinking a bit more before I order........it tasted nothing like bibimbap....it was just edible......

Next up Oka, Camembert, medium Cheddar, crackers & Fresh Seasonal Fruit and a glass of Dow’s Port, Portugal

And finally Brown sugar tart, vanilla custard Overall, the lunch was alright, nothing tasted great and nothing tasted horrible and most important of all, nothing made my wife puke......

Next Up
How to keep your pregnant wife fed in flight and still manage to get some sleep.....
We managed to get about 2 hours of sleep after this meal until 1 crying baby and 1 crying little girl woke us up. .....They were so cute when we boarded........little did we know....when one cries.....the other will harmonize.....this went on for about another 4ish hours before I just passed out cause I was so tired.
But lets look at how the Mrs took full advantage of all the food offered to J pax.

First you order the Dim sum selection of siu mai, har gau, spinach and shrimp dumpling which tasted like rubber......

then Hot noodle soup, shrimp and pork wontons, gai-lan which she thought was the best meal inflight......

And of course she jacked my kit kat......

So I had set my seat controls for the FA to wake me up for Breakfast. The Mrs. had the Spicy Korean beef, yam noodles which tasted alright.....as long as she is kept fed....I don't really care at this point....

I decided not to continue to Korean thing...until we were actually in Korea....so I got the Chicken schnitzel, gnocchi, bocconcini cheese, tomato sauce....it tasted much better than that rice plate thingy I had for lunch.....

Last note on the flight, the lavs were in J were kept pretty clean thru out the flight. Its a bit small compared to some others I've seen. My wife is 15-16 weeks and she said she barely fits and has trouble turning in there, she couldn't imagine trying to use the lavs if she was any bigger.

Next Up: Train to Busan & Eating our way thru the streets of Busan

Last edited by YVRStarFlyer; May 14, 2018 at 5:02 am