View Single Post
Old May 13, 18, 5:00 am
MikeFromTokyo

Originally Posted by popoemt View Post
Hi All,

Coming out of SFO, curious if anyone has a business class routing to get to MLE.

My searches via google flights seem to show routings but costing 7-10k (for 2 people). Just wondering if there is an alternative/creative way to get there that I am missing (i.e. flying through Europe, etc).
Is that 7k per person? If total price, i.e. $3,500 per person, I do not think you will find much lower. That’s already low for long haul J.

From the west coast, you could go either way.

EK, EY, BA (TATL)

Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok, Tokyo etc... are possible connections. Maybe ICN also? You could look at pricing separately, e.g. tickets to Bangkok, and then PG tickets to MLE.

Perhaps Amex Platinum two for one J or F tickets could be an option (although you have to pay full fare for one person).

Colombo is the closest connection, serviced by Sri Lankan.

I suggest looking up MLE airport on Wikipedia, and using the airlines/destinations list, figure out potential options. Then search for good deals on flights to the connecting airports and figure out the price on separate tickets.

BKK, ICN, KUL, Taipei, Mainland China, Colombo etc... are often not business heavy routes with high fares (unlike HKG, SIN, NRT, etc...). So get a bit creative.