FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is China Eastern's customer service really this bad?
Old May 12, 2018, 2:41 pm
tentseller
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by Dean1953
As I've said before, A DEWALT CORDLESS BATTERY IS NOT A LITIUM BATTERY!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does China treat all batteries the same? Why did China require cell phones be turned off for the entire flight, when no other country required it? Was a Chinese plane going to drop out of the sky because a cell phone was turned on? When a serious problem like litium batteries is presented, the Chinese take a meat cleaver to it, removing all batteries. Most other countries ban litium batteries. Because MU decided to sit on my bag and not make the slightest move to contact me (they had email address and Phone number), I'm sending their LA office a letter Monday, demanding $200 compensation for what I had to buy to replace what was missing for more than 7 days (China did sign the treaty allowing compensation). I'll take it further to small claims court if I have to (and I undoubtedly will have to) and file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Transportation ((and follow the complaint up the chain). In the meantime, I've already posted on 10 china Eastern sites on Facebook my experiences and will continue to do this. On Facebook, twitter and other social media sites, until I get tired of do so (which will be never). And yes, it was nice to go through the final point of entry to the U.S. at LAX, where they ask you if you have anything to declare, and I say that I have two suitcases full of processed food that my Thai wife had her sister pack. They ask me if there is any meat in it and I truthfully say "no." He then says "welcome home" and waves me through. That kind of common sense is lost in China, maybe because I am a foreigner there. I do know that I'll never visit China as a tourist. If the people that I met in the airports are any indication, I have no desire to know the Chinese people. I'm sure that there are many millions of foreigners that feel the same about the U. S. I'm not here to comment on how foreigners in both the U.S. and China feel about traveling in those countries. I'm not even really here to ..... about having two batteries confiscated. If they are going to do that, it would be helpful for MU to enforce customers at LAX the same way I was enforced at BKK. I am pissed about MU's sitting o not my bags. I know that MU has a well deserved reputation of poor customer service. I don't expect much customer service from MU. I do expect that I get to my destination safely and with as little delay as possible, if the delay is caused by MU. And I expect my bag to make a 3.5 hour connection, even if they have to pull 2 batteries from the suitcase. And I don't expect them to sit on the bag for 12 days, not contacting me. In my case, they pissed off the wrong guy because I will either get compensation or my pound of flesh in bad publicity towards them. Case closed here. I do want to commend those that fly in China regularly in keeping their composure. I couldn't do it. I'm out!
Look:

You and I as DeWalt 18V users know that the battery are NiCd BUT THERE IS NOTHING LABELLED ON THE BATTERY STATING SO AS I MENTIONED UPTHREAD.
There is no benefit of the doubt for you as permitted battery needs to be labelled as to the cell type and capacity.

By the way, it is Lithium Ion batteries that are banned. If you are carrying litium battery, it should be ok.