FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bank of America Alaska Airlines card
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2018, 1:15 pm
AbyssalLoris

Originally Posted by sdsearch
What you're asking about is called "transferring credit history". And whether its available may depend on exactly which two cards you're talking about and their relationship to each other (for example, it may not be available for a combination of a personal and business card, etc). It's not as simple as "it always works" or "it never works".

So the simplest way for you to figure it out is to ask BofA about your specific situation. (See, the situation you had at Amex may also have been different had you had a different combination of two cards you were asking about.)
I suppose that is the most reasonable course. I will have to ask about closing the old BofA card, though. Will that affect the answer I get?

Just for clarity, the old Amex card was a Blue for students, and the later one was an EDP. The old BofA card is a cash rewards or whatever it is called (never use it) and the new one is a Merrill+. I know the former is better than the latter for spending but I pretty much don't use either. Not a big deal if I cant close one.