FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Status in Eight Days and $800 - No Stays Required
Old May 12, 2018, 11:25 am
UA-NYC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
I'm happy to get an online Reserve quote of $120 (for a 1-hour meeting), but only because I'm using it to try to lock in the once-in-a-lifetime chance to get LTPP in the new program, which can only be done in 2018. (I don't have 10 years at Platinum so I can't use the other avenue they just announced.) And a lot of other hotels in the area that had Reserve buttons were asking for even more.

I never bothered with this before this "end of 2018" deadline for LTPP appeared. I never had problems earning annual MR Plat through stays (plus help from credit cards), but I have a bigger gap to make up before the end of 2018 than I necessarily could do easily with just stays in 2018 alone.
I'm right there with you, and in the exact same boat. I was just surprised that something like this exists...I get that the people at the margins using it to rack up nights are probably a rounding error compared to the actual revenue legit meetings bring in.