FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - slow credit card billing normal?
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2018, 11:25 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

slow credit card billing normal?

I bought an intra-Peru ticket on the USA LATAM site Sunday a week ago (May 6), paid with my LATAM Visa card from US Bank. Shortly after that, I received an email from LATAM saying "Your purchase was successful", and with the reservation code, the itinerary, and a PDF ticket attachment (which says the purchase location was Miami. FL). Sounds good.

But yesterday I checked my US Bank account and the "LAN" (not "LATAM") purchase was showing as pending with the correct purchase amount and the date I booked as the transaction date. But today the pending has dropped off, but I still don't show a charge on my credit card.

Is it normal for a ticket purchase to take so long to show up as a charge on a credit card? Or is it cause for worry that something went wrong with the purchase?

Because LATAM login is currently down, I cannot check to see if it says anything in my account, but looking up a purchase receipt using the reservation code and last name it shows the same thing they emailed me last weekend as a PDF.