FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC to cover Michigan man’s flight to meet NFLD girlfriend after Twitter campaign
Old May 11, 2018, 10:00 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Jazzed91
To be honest, I thought that campaign was one of the more foolish things I’ve seen. Shortly after I saw his early appeals on Twitter (it had fewer than 500 retweets at the time), I did a deep dive into his social media profiles. It became apparent to me very quickly that the young man doesn’t have much restraint over his spending habits.

In one picture he appeared to be wearing some sort of Pokémon onesie... His hair colour and style changed several times this calendar year alone... And he spends an awful lot of time talking about video games and seems to own some fancy equipment/accessories to support the playing of said games.

All in all, it looked like he has made a series of less-than-wise decisions in several different respects. It really seems like he’s living in some sort of fantasy world where he thinks his troubles can just be magically fixed.

After my deep dive into his social media, I feel the best thing this young man could receive would be advice from a financial professional. That would be far better for him than any free trip to YDF ever could be. After all, if you give a man a fish...
So are you saying he's another entitled millennial who has been enabled yet again?