FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied boarding: BA incorrect gate claim
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2018, 6:15 am
amit175

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Wasn't the OP also late for bag drop? IIRC 9:16 at the check-in counter for a 9:50 flight to BOM is 26 minutes after check-in (and bag drop) cut off. Even if we ignore the warning on BA re: the conformance cut off, wouldn't the late arrival have prevented bag drop?
BA argued nothing about bag drop. Their main contention was not crossing security (in passing) but more importantly not being at the gate. The only deadlines that are stated in the Conditions of Carriage are the check-in deadline and the boarding gate deadline. Elsewhere on the website there is a deadline for "self service bag drop" but not for normal "bag drop". Passengers requiring passport / visa check which I was are required to use normal bag drop. The actual boarding only commenced on 1016 and ended at or just before 1100. This is based on the status on the apps and the display at the airport. So, in the absence of guidelines it is arguable that the bag drop at 0916 would have been OK for a flight departing at 1119.

Also, for avoidance of doubt, I do acknowledge that I have a poor case - and am not expecting any further comments to change that. So, if you are minded to write that I still have a poor case - I already get that. I am providing this information mainly for the benefit of future passengers who will come in my position and search out this thread.

Last edited by amit175; May 11, 2018 at 6:17 am Reason: Incomplete