FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 788 flying BKK-AKL 7 Apr instead of 789
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2018, 1:14 pm
Thai-Kiwi
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by JT00SWIM
My wife and I are on AKL-BKK in J on 6/13, currently scheduled for a 787-9. The past week the planes have been switched to 787-8. We are on an award ticket, is there any chance they bump us down to economy if they switch to the smaller business class seating and there isn't enough space?
This would be unlikely in my view, but impends on how many biz seats have been sold prior to the type change (if it happens). The schedule appears to have been decided as 788 from about 2 weeks ago, and noting 13 Jun is a Wed, you should be fine.

I do see ExpertFlyer and THAI showing the flights are back to 789 and there are plenty of biz seats available, so you should be fine - I wouldn't worry but suggest just keep watching the seat map for indications of change. An early check-in is probably likely to reduce any possibility of being bumped - award tickets are not 'free' - you are paying from the miles earned!

My 789 flight changed to a 788, with lots of biz pax moved around to seats that some didn't like....